Are you looking to be Re-Skilled?
Many of us dream of having the time and ability to educate ourselves in the ways of knitting, weaving, spinning, sewing, animal management or farming. We say… Take the leap!
Some of our farmers, designers, weavers, knitters, and seamstresses are available for classes—you just need to email them and make contact. You can find their contact information in our Producers Directory.
If you are ready to sign up for an existing class, below is a partial list of organizations in northern California that can help you become your own Fibershed Artisan or Farmer. If you have additional links to suggest, please email us at email@example.com.
permaculture and other skills
- Regenerative Design Institute: http://www.regenerativedesign.org/re-skilling-series-test
- Esalen: http://www.esalen.org/workshops/permaculture.html
- Institute for Urban Homesteading: http://www.iuhoakland.com/index.html
- Richmond Art Center: http://www.therac.org/schedule/html/textiles.html
- Mendocino Art Center: http://www.mendocinoartcenter.org/
- Lambtown Festival (annual event): http://www.lambtown.com/
- The Sewing Workshop: http://www.thesewingworkshop.com/
- Sew-it-All: http://www.sew-it-all.com/about-us/
- Stonemountain and Daughter: http://www.stonemountainfabric.com/sewing-classes.htm
- A Verb for Keeping Warm: http://store.averbforkeepingwarm.com/