Are you a Fibershed farmer or artisan wanting to let people know that your work supports regional agriculture, a local and fair economy, and ecological balance? Consider joining the Fibershed Producers Program.
In 2016 our producer program will continue to support and focus on education and outreach to our community on the benefits of carbon farming, including: how we can increase water holding capacity in our soils, increase forage production, and produce carbon ‘sequestering’ fiber. We will continue to travel to member farms and studios to hear your stories and retell them on our blog.
Fibershed Producers follow these guidelines:
- All fiber is farmed/sourced within the Northern California Fibershed region (see map)
- All botanic dye is farmed/sourced within the Northern California Fibershed region (see map)
- All labor is sourced is the Northern California Fibershed region (see map)
- Until the region has its own cotton and fine gauge wool milling facility, Fibershed verifies goods from farmers that have had to send their raw material out of the area for milling.
- Sewing thread and most notions are also not yet manufactured in our region, Fibershed verifies goods from artisans whose thread and notions are from out of the area
Benefits of the $40 annual membership fee:
- a page on the Fibershed website that includes a brief bio or statement, a photo, and a link to your website or blog
- a listing on our Farm Producer or Artisan Directory
- invitation to have a vendor booth at select Fibershed events
- Fibershed Certified Product tags (up to 100 free tags each year that you are a paid member, plus additional tags at our cost of $8 per 50 tags)
- a Fibershed Certified Producer web badge
- 10% member’s discount on all Fibershed events and classes
Certified Producer Signs (additional fee)
- Made of bamboo with laser engraving
- 15″ wide x 10″ tall x 1/4 inch thick
- Cost $115 per sign (including tax and shipping)
Tags and signs are a great way to communicate to customers your commitment to working within our bioregion. We have seen a growing number of customers looking for locally grown materials, and Fibershed tags are a great way to verify your work!
How to join:
Download this form: ProducerApplication 2016
Please print it, fill in the information requested, and send it with your check to: Fibershed, P.O. Box 221, San Geronimo, CA 94963
You may also complete the form, email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, and submit payment via the button below: