Fibershed Producers follow these guidelines:
- All fiber is farmed/sourced within Northern CA, from San Luis Obispo to the Oregon border
- All botanic dye is farmed/sourced within Northern CA, from San Luis Obispo to the Oregon border
- All labor is sourced within Northern CA, from San Luis Obispo to the Oregon border
- Until the region has its own cotton and fine gauge wool milling facility, Fibershed verifies goods from farmers that have had to send their raw material out of the area for milling.
- Sewing thread and most notions are also not yet manufactured in our region, Fibershed verifies goods from artisans whose thread and notions are from out of the area.
(Photo by Paige Green)
If you are a Fibershed farmer or artisan in the Northern California Fibershed and would like people to know that your work supports regional agriculture, a local and fair economy, and ecological balance, consider joining the Fibershed Producer Program.
Benefits of the $40 annual membership fee
- Inclusion in the Fibershed Producer Directory, which includes being on the interactive map, as well as having your own page with a brief bio or statement, photos, your contact information and a link to your website or blog
- Free soil carbon baseline testing and processing (see Citizen Science Protocol)
- A photoshoot of your farm, ranch or design studio and a written story about your work will be published on our blog
- Invitation to have a vendor booth at select Fibershed events
- Fibershed Certified Product tags (up to 100 free tags each year that you are a paid member, plus additional tags at our cost of $10 per 50 tags). Tag size: 2.75″ x 1.375″
- Fibershed Certified Producer web badge
- 10% member’s discount on all Fibershed events and classes
(Photo by Kalie Cassel-Feiss)
Tags and signs are a great way to communicate to customers your commitment to working within our bioregion. We have seen a growing number of customers looking for locally grown materials, and Fibershed tags are a great way to verify your work; each year of Producer membership includes 50 or 100 complimentary Fibershed tags.
Certified Producer Signs are available for an additional fee ($159 per sign includes tax and shipping). Each sign is made of bamboo with a laser engraving and measures 15″ wide x 10″ tall x 1/4 inch thick. See photo at bottom of page.
(Photo by Paige Green)
Producers residing in the Northern California Fibershed may join online by filling out the membership form below, which will take you to the Paypal website to pay your $40 annual membership fee when you click the Submit button. You don’t need a Paypal account to pay by credit card on the Paypal website.
For existing Producer members, you may skip the form below and simply renew your membership by paying the $40 annual fee using the “pay now” button in the next section, under Membership Renewals.
If you prefer to pay by check, scroll to the bottom of this page and download a PDF of the membership form that you can print and mail in with your check.
For more information, contact Marie Hoff, the Producer Program Manager: email@example.com
- To renew your Producer membership, skip the form and simply submit your annual dues using the “pay now” button below.
- Download this form: producerapplication-oct2017
- The form can be filled out on your computer and printed, or printed and filled out by hand.
- Please mail it with your $40 check to: Fibershed, P.O. Box 221, San Geronimo, CA 94963
- You may also complete the form, email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your $40 payment via the Paypal button below.
Once you have submitted your producer application and been approved, you are welcome to order a Certified Producer sign by submitting payment via the Paypal button below. The cost for a sign is $159, including tax and shipping