- This event has passed.
Calpaca Camelid Symposium
January 19 - January 20
Join us for Calpaca’s “All Aspect Education” Camelid Symposium
January 19-20, 2019
Sacramento State University Student Union
Sponsored by: Calpaca
Historically the Camelid Symposium has been one of the best values in education and now it is back. Join us for informative and timely topics provided by experts in their field. This two-day information-packed symposium provides something for everyone. The featured speakers will address timely topics including:
- Camelid Health — basic and neo-natal care, recognizing and handling birth problems, emergency camelid care, how to care for the aging camelid, what’s new in camelid health, and more.
- Agritourism —create multiple streams of income and business insurance needs.
- Business Management — define your business plan, align business and breeding plans, selling—what works.
- Focus on Fiber — breed for fiber production, get it to market, and points in between.
- Camelid Health — Dr. Daniel Mora, DVM; Dr. Julie Dechant DVM; MS, Dr Anita Varga, DVM
- Agritourism —Jay Reeder, Apple Mountain Alpacas; Steve Harvey, PFC Insurance Center
- Business Management — Lynn Edens and Jody Hatch, Little Creek Farm, Accoyo America, and Snowmass breeding programs
- Focus on Fiber — Lynn Edens; Stacie Chavez; Jess Daniels
- Bud Synhorst, Alpaca Owners Association (AOA) Executive Director
- Click here for Speaker Bios.
- Click here for the full, printable Agenda.
- Continental breakfast
- Snacks and refreshments during breaks
- The “Meet and Greet” on Saturday night
- Daily parking permits
- Printed handouts provided by speakers