- This event has passed.
Pay-What-You-Wish Community Indigo Dip
December 30, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Let’s wind down 2018 by coming together around the indigo vat and celebrating the beauty of blue. Perhaps you have a favorite piece of clothing you would like to dye blue, or you would like to purchase a special piece of cloth from Verb, and have a beautiful inky piece of yardage for a special project in 2019. Whatever you wish, the vats will be ready!
People get a little excited around indigo – so let’s set some ground rules:
1. There will be a demonstration at noon. This will last 10 minutes. Once the demonstration is over, the vats will be turned over to the community. If you come after 12:10, please learn how to use the vats by watching others.
2. Only bring items which are 18″ long x 54″ wide or smaller. You are welcome to bring more than one item, however, please note, this is a very popular event so expect to share the vats 🙂
3. There will be three indigo vats.
4. This event takes place outdoors. Please dress accordingly. In the case of rain, the event will be canceled.
5. At 2:45, we will close the vats. Starting at this time, we will begin cleaning the dye studio and preparing your pieces to bring home.
6. This is a pay-what-you-wish – there will be a donation jar at the front desk. You can either drop in a few bucks there – or you can pay at the register. You are also welcome to come for free. There are many other ways to give to Verb – such as referring us to your family and friends.
+ Indigo dye
+ pre-washed fabric / clothing / yarn approximately 18″ long x 54″ wide and smaller
+ rubber gloves
+ clothes appropriate for the outdoors and able to get dirty
RSVPs are unnecessary, though by doing so, you will help us plan for the event.